Three weeks ago I embarked on the new, exciting, and crazy journey that is graduate school. I've toyed with the idea of getting my MFA in Interior Architecture and Design since college and finally decided to take the leap this year. I'm only a few weeks in but I can tell you that this is far and away one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'll be sharing projects and learnings along the way here on the blog so stay posted!
With assignments coming in at a fast and furious pace I haven't had a ton of time to post on my little corner of the web here at C&T. Today I'm getting back on the bandwagon with the latest installment of Friday Favorites. One of the points my professors constantly make to us fledgling designers is that incorporating color into design is hard. So, today's post is a return back to the basics with a palette void of the tricky challenges color presents.
Hope you enjoy!
Friday Favorites: Black & White Home Accessories
- The Art Deco-inspired lettering on this poster makes it feel grounded and timeless while still fitting in perfectly with a modern aesthetic.
- I've loved this tray by Jonathan Adler since I first came across it five years ago. It's the perfect accessory to add a little flair to your dresser or hall table.
- I love this lamp and that's all there is to it.
- While helping a friend redo her bedroom I came across this ottoman and became totally smitten. It didn't work for her room but I'm keeping it on the back burner for another project down the road...
- This dinosaur skull sculpture is so unexpected and playful I can't help but love it. It's a fun surprise on a bookshelf or a dramatic statement standing alone on a buffet or console table.